After a filling breakfast of chocolate chip pumpkin pancakes, I set out for a long easy paced run this afternoon. I knew I wanted at least 12 miles and I figured I’d plan the ending on the way back. I love this figure 8 loop I try to do for my long runs because I have so many favorite scenic views along the way. I thought I’d share them with you, so here they are:
- Mile 3: One of my absolute favorite roads to run on because it’s shady and these brick walls always make me happy.
2. Mile 4: First evidence of fall colors starting to emerge!
3. Mile 5: Always love this view of the the mountains in the background.
4. Mile 6: This handsome fella was waiting for me at the end of the road above. What a poser!
5. Mile 8: Love this view and can’t wait for the leaves to turn.
6. Mile 10: This hill. And others like it to follow. Not as bad as it looks really. This is about where I made the decision to take an extra loop home to make it a 14 miler.
7. Mile 11.5: Definitely farm country.
8. Finished! Legs felt a little tired the last mile or so but it was a great run!
When I came home I spent a few minutes stretching and doing some core work. I have noticed a huge difference in my form over long miles because of the core exercises I started doing last spring. I also refueled with my favorite combo of sweet potato, black bean, and salsa with a salad.
Total workouts this week:
Tues: 5.32 miles of hills @ 8:59 pace & lifting/core work at the gym
Wed: rest (legs were sore from Tues kettle bell work!)
Thurs: 8.12 miles @ 9:16 pace
Fri: 3 easy @ 9:26 pace
Sat: 35 minute lifting at the gym, upper body and core.
Sun: 14 miles @ 9:29
I hope everyone had a great running and workout week!