Cauliflower pizza that is! I try to do a meatless dinner once in awhile (especially on running rest days), so today was that day. The star of the show, a huge head of cauliflower, is missing from the pic of ingredients below because I had already grated it…and yes, that’s my Nathan hydration vest. It pretty much hangs on the kitchen stool between long runs 🙂
It’s pretty simple to make…15 minutes prep and about 15-20 minutes in the oven.
Cauliflower Pizza Recipe
- one large head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 2 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 Tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup any cheese you like for the topping
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup pizza or marinara sauce
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preset oven to 425.
- Use a cheese grater to grate the biggest head of cauliflower you can find.
- Mix in the parm, mozzarella, and eggs.
- Season with garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Pour mixture onto parchment paper lined tray and form into the shape of a pizza. Make sure it is spread evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Top with pizza sauce and desired cheeses.
- Bake 5-8 more minutes until cheese is hot and melted.
Here is mine fresh out of the oven. It smells amazing!
It slices well too. We eat it with a fork although most of it does hold together well enough to pick it up by the slice. My boys ask for it all the time so it’s becoming a staple in our household. With all the health benefits of cauliflower, why not try it out and see for yourself? Let me know if you do!
I hope you are enjoying my blog as I share my running thoughts, activities, and fueling ideas such as this recipe with you. I’d love to hear about your opinions. Thanks for reading!