A quick 6.5 mile run today after getting home from work. TGIF! It couldn’t come soon enough. Students are itching for Thanksgiving break and I know we all could use it! Choosing to get my haircut instead of a run yesterday was worth it at the time, but I could not wait to put on my running clothes and hit the road tonight. I just don’t feel like myself if I don’t get out there.
I Would So Win at Chopped
Tonight’s dinner I totally winged it. I knew some of the ingredients I wanted to use (edamame, quinoa, and sweet potato), I just didn’t know what I was going to make. Like my own personal episode of Chopped. It actually came out really tasty so I thought I’d post it so I don’t forget!
- Tri-color quinoa cooked in low-sodium chicken broth.
- roasted sweet potato thins with kosher salt
- ground turkey and edamame in a light fresh ginger, peanut, sesame sauce
To Make the Ground Turkey and Edamame:
(Sorry I don’t usually measure things!)
- Brown 1 lb. lean ground turkey , onions, and 3 cloves of garlic in extra virgin olive oil and sesame oil.
- Season with tumeric.
- Add frozen shelled edamame.
- Add fresh shaved ginger, soy sauce, 1 TBS peanut butter, red pepper flakes.
- Drizzle with a small amount of honey and top with toasted sesame seeds (not in picture).
Food Favorites Friday
I made an Aldi trip earlier this week. I like that you can get healthy, quality food for a lower price so I try to stock up on our favorite things whenever I can. Here are some things we love to get from there.
AND….not from Aldi, but these are my guilty sweet treat this week! We all need a little Brookside chocolate in our life!
Get out there and make it happen this weekend! I can’t wait to get my long run on 🙂
(Love this meme because Elf is also one of my favorite Christmas movies. )